Wednesday, September 30, 2009

China BMW Rider Blog: Sitting Idle

Hello.

Sitting idle is downright painful. I'm active, and I've got an active mind. I love traveling and exploring new things; and the one thing I just can't handle is sitting idle or as I like to say "sitting on my hands". I've got two weeks of nothingness ahead of me, and below I explain why:

Well, my bike should be arriving in about three or four weeks, and I've got a boat load of stuff to do before that happens. First thing is that I'm in the process of getting a new "Residence Permit" in China, it's basically an ID Card for foreigners, and it allows a record to be kept of where you live and work. I need to get that card before I can get my Motorcycle Drivers License, License Plate and Bike Registration.

The only problem is that from October 1st to 12th all the government offices are closed. So, I'll get my ID Card on October 13th. Then I need to get my Motorcycle Drivers License (same day service) and then being applying for a license plate, which takes 5 working days. By the time it all comes together my bike should be arriving. There are a lot of moving pieces to be juggled about, but I think I have everything in place; and the folks at BMW in China have been very helpful in assisting me at every step of the process. And yes, I'll blog more about them later.

Now Shanghai in the summer is hot and wet. But autumn is just lovely and November is one of the best months of the year. So essentially I'll be getting my new bike just in time for the best riding season. It'll be dry and clear blue skies. I can't wait.

So, while there won't be much blogging or stuff going on for the next 10-14 days; I'll get a chance to focus on my day job for a few days - photographing China.

Stay tuned.

Ryan Pyle
Photographer / BMW Motorcycle Owner
Location: Shanghai, China
Email: ryan@ryanpyle.com
Website: www.ryanpyle.com
Mobile: +86 137 9521 9650
BMW China: BMWCHINA

No comments:

Post a Comment