Monday, October 5, 2009

China BMW Rider Blog: A Border Tour without a Bike


Hello.

One of the reasons I wanted to get a motorcycle in China was to explore the country without have to sit, as a passenger, in a car or 4X4. I'm not a fan of being driven; and I much prefer two wheels to four.

So this week I am painfully reminded of how much I want my bike. I'm out in Xinjiang, in remote western China, and working on a photography project. The project has taken me from Kashgar up to the China/Pakistan border; it was my second trip up to the border, and my second trip up to border as a passenger in a Kashgar taxi. Painful to say the least.

The six or seven hour trip from Kashgar is as well posed for a motorcycle journey as any in China. The road is good, the road is empty. The corners are everywhere, the mountains are stunning, the backdrop of the Pamir mountains is as mystical as any other place in the world. Would have loved to make the ride on my BMW.

Hopefully I'll have the chance to make my way out there at some stage in 2010. And if I do, I'll hopefully get a chance to run a bit of video from it.

Stay tuned.

Ryan Pyle
Photographer / BMW Motorcycle Owner
Location: Shanghai, China
Email: ryan@ryanpyle.com
Website: www.ryanpyle.com
Mobile: +86 137 9521 9650
BMW China: BMWCHINA

No comments:

Post a Comment