Saturday, January 16, 2010

China BMW Rider Blog: My Bike is in Purgatory

Hello.

Well, I thought I needed to update the blog even though I have almost nothing report. Why? My bike is in Purgatory.

Is my bike in Shanghai? Yes. It's at the BMW dealer. But the customs paper work is still in Beijing. The reason why? I've got the very first F800GS in China and the government needs to create a new "product entry" for it. Once I get my customs forms saying I've paid my 100% luxury tax - ouch!!! - then I'll be able to get my license plate and starting riding around.

The good news is that it's filtering with 0 degree Celsius in Shanghai at the moment and I don't have much interest in riding. If we were in May, I'd be losing my mind. I'm hoping to have the bike licensed and ready to go next week.

As for the BMW folks in China, their doing a great job; just dealing with the government takes ages. They are slow moving. And so we wait. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.


Ryan Pyle
Photographer / BMW Motorcycle Owner
Location: Shanghai, China
Email: ryan@ryanpyle.com
Website: www.ryanpyle.com
Mobile: +86 137 9521 9650
BMW China: BMWCHINA

No comments:

Post a Comment