Monday, January 4, 2010

China BMW Rider Blog: It has Arrived


Hello.

Well I'm pretty excited at the moment. My F800GS has arrived in China, see above picture I took this afternoon.

It has been seriously delayed and the process has been incredibly difficult, but mainly because I am a pretty impatient person. BMW China have done their best and delivered me with my motorcycle of choice, a brand new BMW F800GS 2010 model. Wow, I almost have to pinch myself.

Now, the bike is in the shop at BMW Shanghai, but at the moment I can't ride it. It'll take a few more days to register, insure and properly license. So all I could do today was sit on it and play with all the buttons. But it was still a moment of euphoria.

The BMW F800GS overs up a lot of options and I thought here would be a good chance to explain a little about exactly what I purchased. I opted for the heated handle grips, ABS Breaks, Onboard Computer and I paid a little extra to get a modification to my engine that will allow it to drink really poor quality petro or gasoline; for when I am riding across Inner Mongolia.

I can't wait to get it out of the shop and on to the streets. Stay tuned for more blogging. It seems that we've really made a step forward today. It is really happening.

Ryan Pyle
Photographer / BMW Motorcycle Owner
Location: Shanghai, China
Email: ryan@ryanpyle.com
Website: www.ryanpyle.com
Mobile: +86 137 9521 9650
BMW China: BMWCHINA

No comments:

Post a Comment